- Nabis Holdings is working toward the fulfilment of its strategic expansion strategy in the cannabis field through acquisitions like the recent one of Cannova
- The investment goals of the Canadian investment issuer focus on numerous facets of the cannabis industry, including technology development
- The agreement with Cannova gives Nabis exclusive distribution rights to Cannova’s sublingual strips and all of the related technology
Nabis Holdings Inc. (CSE: NAB) (OTC: NABIF) (FRA: 71P) is working toward its strategic investment goal through a recently announced 49 percent acquisition of Cannova Medical Ltd., a provider of innovative solutions for cannabis consumption (http://cnw.fm/zpZ2n). Nabis aims to enter numerous facets of the cannabis sector, including the creation of related technology, according to Nabis director and CEO Shay Shnet.
Based in Israel, Cannova Medical develops alternative methods for cannabis consumption, such as sublingual strips. These are infused with cannabis molecules that result from a patent-pending process based on water-soluble cannabinoids and natural active ingredients.
According to Cannova, the use of sublingual strips allows for better control of dosage quantities and an enhanced effect of active compounds. These sublingual strips can be used to achieve an array of goals like pain management, enhanced sleep quality and depression control.
As per the terms of agreement between the two entities, Nabis Holdings has purchased 2,260,500 common shares that represent 49 percent of Cannova, with the option to acquire the remaining 51 percent interest. Nabis will retain exclusive distribution rights to the Cannova sublingual strips and all of the related technology.
“At Cannova we are developing unique solutions addressing the unmet need for reliable and customized cannabis consumption. The combination of cannabis with smart and innovative technology is key to the future of both medical and recreational cannabis usage,” Cannova founder and CEO Omri Schanin said in a news release. Nabis Holdings’ extensive capabilities and industry experience can help Cannova grow faster, he concluded.
Forecasts suggest that the cannabis market will continue its rapid growth worldwide and reach $39.4 billion by 2023 (http://cnw.fm/kH81U). Innovative product delivery solutions and research will play key roles in promoting this fast expansion.
Some industry analysts suggest that the cannabis market could reach the even more impressive $107.67 billion mark by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 33.17 percent over the forecast period (http://cnw.fm/laI7t). The world is already seeing massive investment in research and development for the safer and more effective delivery of cannabis active compounds in consumer products. Pharmaceutical, food and technology firms are all showing significant interest in the niche due to the recent widespread legalization efforts and the higher level of consumer awareness.
Nabis Holdings is a Canadian investment issuer that focuses on high quality assets across industries. The company has a proven track record of success in emerging markets, and it has demonstrated an ability to create shareholder value.
Nabis has completed investments in five Michigan properties that hold cannabis cultivation, provisioning and processing licenses. The company has also officially announced its intention to invest in four or five more states in the coming months.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.NabisHoldings.com
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to NABIF are available in the company’s newsroom at http://cnw.fm/NAB
CanadianCannabisWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CANNABIS to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.CanadianCannabisWire.com
Do you have a questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask our Editor