- Delivery technology already proven effective in cannabinoid delivery, now being studied in nicotine absorption
- Positive topline results on completion of first ingestible nicotine in vivo (animal) absorption study
- LXRP’s long-term strategy is to partner with leading firms in the tobacco industry, providing an additional layer of effectiveness in products to their already established consumer base
- Potential to revolutionize smokeless tobacco and the tobacco industry
The drug delivery platform innovator Lexaria Bioscience Corp. (CSE: LXX) (OTCQX: LXRP) has announced a significant breakthrough in alternative nicotine delivery technology. This cannabis-focused food bioscience company has a proprietary technology for improved delivery of bioactive compounds that has been shown to enhance the bioavailability of orally ingested cannabinoids (CBDs), while also masking taste. Third party labs have shown a 499 percent increase in CBD bioabsorption in human intestinal tissues. LXRP is taking this same technology, already proven effective in CBD delivery, and applying it to nicotine absorption. If successful, this will revolutionize smokeless tobacco and the tobacco industry.
LXRP’s DehydraTECH™ delivery technology provides increases in intestinal absorption rates and more rapid delivery to the bloodstream. The company is pursuing the use of this delivery technology as a possible new nicotine delivery method. LXRP’s first ingestible nicotine in vivo (animal) absorption study has produced positive topline results. While further analysis of the existing data is required, following are improvements found in the test subjects as compared to the controls:
- Delivery of nicotine to the bloodstream was achieved within 15 min, compared to 2.9 hours.
- Increased gain of 148 percent of peak nicotine delivered to the bloodstream.
- 560 percent higher brain levels of nicotine where nicotine effects are focused.
- Lower urine levels of nicotine signifying enhanced nicotine activity and bioavailability.
- Lower quantities of key liver metabolites in bloodstream, suggesting bypass of first pass liver metabolism.
In a news release, President of LXRP John Docherty stated, “We are very pleased with these topline study findings demonstrating excellent tolerability and substantially faster, more potent and bioavailable absorption of nicotine in an ingestible format with our DehydraTECH™ technology than controls. This data supports further investigation of the many possible benefits of our DehydraTECH™ technology for nicotine delivery with potential both as a nicotine replacement therapy as well as an alternative product format for regular tobacco users over today’s inhaled options.”
LXRP plans to partner, not compete, with tobacco companies. The company has entered into third party licensing agreements within the cannabis industry and seeks to do the same within the tobacco industry. Focused on improved delivery methodologies, it provides an additional layer of effectiveness designed to enhance the intellectual property of the world’s leading firms delivering high quality products to their existing consumer base.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com
More from CanadianCannabisWire
CanadianCannabisWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
For more information please visit https://www.canadiancannabiswire.com